Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Peanut Butter Heath Cookies




I found this recipe on the back of a bag of Heath toffee bits. Let me tell you these cookies are good!! They are crisp on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside - just the way I like 'em. I did change a few things on the recipe. I don't like using shortening so I used butter instead. I also added 2 TBS of vanilla extract. The more the better, right? I baked one pan at a time since I only have one light colored pan. My baking time took 10-11 minutes on the light colored pan. I baked one dozen on my dark-colored pan to compare baking times. On the dark colored pans the bottoms got brown a lot quicker so I only had to bake them for 10 minutes.
Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup shortening
* 3/4 cup REESE'S Creamy Peanut Butter
* 1-1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
* 3 tablespoons milk
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg
* 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1-1/3 cups (8 oz. pkg.) HEATH BITS 'O BRICKLE Toffee Bits, divided

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 375°F.

2. Beat shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl until well blended. Add egg; beat just until blended. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture. Stir in 1 cup bits; reserve remainder for topping.

3. Drop by heaping teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet; top each with reserved bits.

4. Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until set. Do not overbake. Cool 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3 dozen cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment