I found a bag of these at the grocery store tonight so I had to make them immediately. I used the recipe on the back of the bag. OMFG!!!! These cookies rock! I wasn't expecting the cookies to be great, but they were!! I saw Crisco listed as an ingredient and that always makes me a little nervous because I'm afraid the cookies will come out hard. Normally I replace Cricso with butter, but this time I decided to use Crisco - plus I am low on butter so what better time to follow the recipe as directed. The recipe said to use Butter Crisco - but I just used plain ole Crisco. I think Butter Crisco has an aftertaste so I avoid it.
Sooo the cookies have a nice crisp on the outside, but are oh so soft and delicious on the inside. I plan on going back to the store and getting more bags of these baking chips. My baking times were exactly 12 minutes. These seem to be easy to overbake so you have to make sure you keep an eye on them. I yanked them even though they seemed a little undercooked on the tops, but they set up nicely. ::drool::
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup butter flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) HERSHEY'S SPECIAL DARK Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 cup MAUNA LOA Macadamia Nut Baking Pieces
Directions:1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat butter and shortening in large bowl until well blended. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar; beat thoroughly. Add egg and vanilla, beating until well blended. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into butter mixture. Stir in baking pieces. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
3. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 3-1/2 dozen cookies.